My name is Jonathan Tang. I am a final year computer science and mathematics student at the University of Manchester. I'm interested in mobile applications, machine learning and entrepreneurship. Check out some of my work here, blog articles here, course notes here, my resume here, or keep scrolling to read more about me.
💼 Relevant Experience
- Intern Software Engineer at UNiDAYS - worked mainly on both the native iOS (Swift, RxSwift, PureLayout, Quick and Nimble) and Android (Java, Kotlin, RxJava and JUnit) apps, with over 2 million monthly active users. Worked on AWS serverless backend in C#. Turned stakeholders ideas into designs (using Sketch and Framer X) for the app team to work off. Led several sprint retrospective meetings as part of Scrum. Delivered several machine learning workshops to colleagues.
- University of Manchester (BSc Hons) - studying Computer Science and Mathematics. Awarded Professors Award for highest average in the year group (90%). Graduating in 2020, 1:1 expected.
- Loreto Sixth Form College - 3A*s in Mathematics, Further Mathematics and Computing. Contribution to Study Award for Mathematics and Computing.
- GCSEs - 1A* with Distinction, 5A*s, 2As, 1B, 2Cs and award for Algebra and Statistics. Only student in year group to attain A* with Distinction in GCSE Further Mathematics.
🙋♂️ Volunteer Experience
- STEM Ambassador - mentoring at hackathons and code clubs to encourage young people to become more engaged and achieve more with programming.
- Mathematics Roadshow Programme - working with high school students to increase engagement with mathematics via roadshows. Running weekly after school revision sessions for students who required extra support.
🧩️ Other Experience
- GCSE Tutor - identifying the needs of struggling student and adapting delivery style to meet their needs. Preparing sessions to allow the student to explore topics outside their curriculum, such as Raspberry Pi and BBC micro:bit.
- College Computing Ambassador - supervising support sessions to assist Lower Sixth students with several programming topics, including data structures and databases.
🏆 Honors & Awards
- Professor's Award - Best 2nd year Computer Science and Maths student
- Venture Further Business Start-Up Finalist - final 16 out of 73 entrants
- Kilburn Entry Scholarship - Excellence in A-Level results
👋 Say hi
Drop me an email at email@example.com.